Thirteen o'Clock Theatre Internship Program
Our new internship program will provide college students and recent graduates with an opportunity to engage in hands-on professional training. Interns are entrusted with a great deal of responsibility and have the opportunity to work closely with Thirteen o'Clock leaders and artists.
At this time, internships are unpaid but may be eligible for college credit. More details will be coming soon.
The following are some of the requirements and opportunities relating to the available volunteer internship positions at TCT.
Communications Intern -
- Communications interns will be immersed in the process of non-profit communication and networking. Interns will have the opportunity to work with TCT leaders to understand and practice generating content (letters, press releases and blog posts) from conception to publication.
- Communications interns will be expected to participate in writing press releases with the guidance of TCT staff. All interns will be expected to have written at least three press releases that pass approval by the TCT administration and are released to the media for possible publication. These three public press releases will be made available to the internship coordinator for grading purposes.
- The development internship is designed for students seeking experience in Business or Nonprofit Management. Interns will have the opportunity to learn from TCT leaders about the process of starting and growing a nonprofit corporation.
- Development interns will be expected to attend TCT board meetings and with the guidance of the TCT leaders, will be expected to make at least three presentations to the board before the end of their internship term.
- Development interns will be encouraged to research and propose to the TCT administration alternative ways of conducting business that they believe will help TCT achieve their goals more effectively and efficiently. Details of the project and it's implementation will be made available to the internship coordinator for grading purposes.
Marketing and Graphic Design Intern-
- Marketing interns will have the opportunity to learn from and collaborate with TCT leaders in the process of generating marketing campaigns and design content.
- Each Marketing and Graphic Design intern will be expected to research, propose and create at least 3 graphic designs with the opportunity to be published in marketing for company shows, events, or campaigns. Students may also have the opportunity to present a new marketing campaign for implementation in the company.
- Interns will work no more than 10 hours a week. Students must complete 25 hours for every college credit hour requested.
- Interns will fulfill service hours at the Thirteen o’Clock Theatre (TCT) studio located at 2413 Buddy Owens Blvd. in McAllen unless otherwise agreed upon by the intern and the internship coordinator.
- All interns will coordinate with the Thirteen o’Clock Theatre administration when finalizing work schedules in order to accommodate for possible class and professional work schedule conflicts. All hours will be completed while a TCT supervisor is on site.
- All Interns will receive guided training (10 hours) using software or other resources related to their chosen position.
- TCT is continuously striving to promote a workplace culture of inclusivity. As such all interns will contribute to a workplace that prohibits discrimination and harassment of coworkers and TCT patrons on the basis of age, disability, citizenship, ethnic/national origin, race, color, religion, gender, gender presentation, or sexual orientation.